Sunday, July 12, 2009

"The World is Just Awesome" discovery channel adv.

I woke up anxious! My husband was already making deliciously smelling coffee and I was sitting in bed terrified!!! I just had the most amazing day yesterday, and this is making me panick...is this possible!

How could it be that a simple day comprised of a 5 hour stroll around town, a cup of coffee at a deserted local diner, and a deep bonding feeling with my husband result in so much panic, are we soo pre-programmed into disbelieving we are allowed to be completely happy, even if this happiness is coming from the simplest and most natural things in life, do we un-consciously expect life to keep doling-us-out moments of pain in order to balance-off moments of happiness we secretly (as a secret from our own selves) do not feel we deserve!

For me, it was a mixture of specific negative beliefs, guilt, and fear that I had to literally "face-off"... It just made me ponder over the amplitude of moments of pure "bliss" that we miss out on everyday...

4 comments:

  1. I was so happy reading this! Although I had a hard time doing that since you are using a very sophisticated way of writing ;)
    I will keep on reading and learning from my "big" sister ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY!!! I have to say u made my day with ur comment, thanks for checking in bro :) and I will keep ur comment in mind and keep it simple in future posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ruba,
    I'm enjoying reading your blog very much..you know what i like about it?!! i like that it speaks to me...i can easily see my self in your situaton, waking up expecting the worst not the positive. i do beleive that we are pre programmed like you said to beleive that we don't deserve happiness and when we do get happy, we feel the guilt!!!
    I would like to share with you Khalil Gabrane's philosophy on Joy and Sarrow..i see a lot of truth in it...
    Keep up the good work
    Hanane bouchti from Facebook :.)

    Then a woman said, "Speak to us of Joy and Sorrow."

    And he answered:

    Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.

    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.

    And how else can it be?

    The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.

    Is not the cup that hold your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter's oven?

    And is not the lute that soothes your spirit, the very wood that was hollowed with knives?

    When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy.

    When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

    Some of you say, "Joy is greater than sorrow," and others say, "Nay, sorrow is the greater."

    But I say unto you, they are inseparable.

    Together they come, and when one sits alone with you at your board, remember that the other is asleep upon your bed.

    Verily you are suspended like scales between your sorrow and your joy.

    Only when you are empty are you at standstill and balanced.

    When the treasure-keeper lifts you to weigh his gold and his silver, needs must your joy or your sorrow rise or fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Only when you are empty are you at standstill and balanced"

    Thanks you Hanane, u r always an inspiration dear... this really serves to keep me writing ;)

    ReplyDelete